Career Level Journeyman
Experience 5-7 Years
Posting ID 20605
Canfor is currently seeking experienced Certified Sawfilers to join our team.
In this role, you will be responsible for the safe maintenance and repair of all sawfiling equipment. You will apply your skills to maximize uptime, quality and production.
- Certified Journeyperson
- Superior troubleshooting skills
- Solid background in heavy industry and construction
- You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a proven ability to work with others to perform all aspects of maintenance activities.
- The ability to work in a safe and efficient manner
- Available to work shifts
- Completion of grade 12, a GED or a minimum of 5 years related work experience
- Good interpersonal skills and communication, enthusiastic, positive attitude
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes would be an asset
When applying for this role, please attach a photo or scanned copy of your Red Seal or Interprovincial TQ.
At Canfor, diversity means understanding, recognizing and valuing the differences that make each person unique. We see inclusion and diversity as an essential part of our productivity, creativity, innovation and competitive advantage. We strive for a fair and equitable recruitment process, where hiring decisions are based on the individual qualifications and experience of each applicant.
We are not your run of the mill forest products company, join us and find out why. #canfortalent
Chetwynd’s rich natural environment makes it a magnet for anyone scouting for a great outdoor experience. Carved out of the lush natural environment of the surrounding Peace River Country, it is also an appealing community for any young family and offers moderately priced homes, an excellent health care system and great schools. For more information, visit http://canfor.com/our-company/our-communities/chetwynd
*Please reference “mytrades.ca” in your application to this job posting!