Career Level Certification
Experience 5-7 Years
Posting ID 2950
No. of Openings 1
Seaspan Shipyards is proud to be Canada’s long-term, strategic shipbuilding partner for the Canadian Coast Guard and Royal Canadian Navy. As a direct result of this work, while creating jobs and rebuilding our domestic shipbuilding industry, Seaspan Shipyards is delivering on the promise of ships built in Canada, by Canadians.
Vancouver Shipyards, based in North Vancouver, has a very busy and exciting year ahead, as we continue to make progress on the first of two 174m long Joint Support Ships (JSS) for the Royal Canadian Navy – the largest ships ever built in Canada! We are also constructing an Offshore Oceanographic Science Vessel (OOSV) for the Canadian Coast Guard and have secured significant contracts to build a second JSS, a Polar Icebreaker, and several Multi-Purpose Vessels. These projects will bring long-term job stability for many years to come.
Now is the best time to be part of Canada’s shipbuilding industry! Join us and be part of the regeneration of the shipbuilding tradition and become a member of a talented, diverse team that is forging a bright future for Canadian shipbuilding at one of the most modern shipyards in North America.
Please send us your resume today!
Seaspan Vancouver Shipyards is currently seeking a certified rigger or equivalent with rigging qualifications, certification, or equivalent experience to work with our Services Department. This position will include working with mobile cranes up to 80 ton, tower cranes as well as our 300 Ton Goliath gantry crane “Big Blue”. Hand rigging and working at heights will also be part of daily tasks.
Your success will be defined by your ability to:
- Perform pre-operational inspections including hazard assessments, defining rigging needed and weight to prepare for rigging and hoisting.
- Work with mobile cranes to lift, move, position, flip, turn or place equipment and materials with single or multiple hook applications.
- Safely and effectively follow shipyard’s regulations and procedures.
- Work with our Maintenance department to ensure routine maintenance lifts are safely conducted on all projects.
- Represents the company, help to resolve any customer concerns in a professional manner.
- Following all site rules and adhering to at all times.
- Attend toolbox meetings in a constructive and contributive manner.
- All candidates must show proof of:
- 5+ years’ experience working with rigging and cranes in an industrial environment
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively.
- Ability to remain alert and maintain a high level of concentration.
- Good interpersonal skills and customer service orientation.
- Understands the operations and limitations of the equipment.
- Aerial work platform ticket and fall arrest certification.
- Forklift and telehandler (zoom boom) tickets would also be considered an asset.
If you are interested in future opportunities, please apply online today; OR email your resume directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Seaspan is committed to Employment Equity, supports diversity in the workplace, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including, women, members of visible minorities, aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities.
By applying, you agree that Seaspan may share your resume with our Union partner, Marine and Shipbuilders Union Local 506.
Note: Unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.
Seaspan is committed to Employment Equity, supports diversity in the workplace, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including, women, members of visible minorities, Indigenous persons, and persons with disabilities. Furthermore, we are committed to providing an inclusive and accessible environment. If you require reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know, and we will work with you to support your request.
Please reference “mytrades.ca” when applying for this position.