Career Level Certification
Experience 3-5 Years
No. of Openings 1
Are you motivated by hard work, have a positive attitude and a strong focus on safety? If so, we want to hear from you!
Reporting to the Energy Team Leader, the 3rd or 4th Class Shift Power Engineer is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the Energy System, Pollution Control Equipment, Fire Protection and Water Systems to ensure that established production levels are achieved.
What We’re Looking For:
- 3rd class power engineer certification or 4th Class with clear progress toward 3rd class will be considered
- Initiates and implements process changes with a view to safety and improving operational efficiency
- Operates and maintains high pressure steam system and ancillary equipment
- Operates and maintains the complete energy system, including fuel systems, biomass furnaces, hot gas flows, primary and secondary thermal oil loops, gas fired back-up heater systems, and building heat and glycol systems
- Operates and maintains the Electrified Filter Bed (EFB) pollution control equipment
- Operates and maintains mill water systems
- Assures 100% environmental compliance
What We Offer:
- An unyielding commitment to your personal safety
- Competitive pay and exceptional benefits
- The opportunity to work with the best and brightest in the industry
- A positive, dynamic, and inclusive work environment
- An open, innovative culture with diverse opportunities
- A commitment to investing in our people through training and development
- The chance to live (and play) where you work
Want to know what it’s like to work for Tolko? Click here
Who We Are:
With state-of-the-art operations across western Canada, Tolko is a leading manufacturer of a wide range of forest products for customers around the world. For over 60 years, our family-owned company has been recognized by customers and business partners for being reliable, flexible, efficient and offering quality products. With the third generation of family leadership, we’re continuing that legacy today in our divisions throughout western Canada and joint ventures in the Southern United States.
At Tolko, our values, vision and mission aren’t just what we believe. They’re how we work, live and serve our customers every day. Fundamental to our success is a diverse and committed workforce that thrives on change, building relationships, and a drive toward excellence.
Grow Here, Achieve More:
When you join Tolko, you’ll develop your skills and be encouraged to pursue diverse opportunities with a company that’s built on integrity, respect, and provides employees with the inclusive environment, support and opportunity to build great lives.
If this position sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to hear from you! Applications will be accepted at www.tolko.com until November 30, 2021.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please reference “mytrades.ca” when applying for this position.