Career Level Journeyman
Experience 2-5 Years
Posting ID CERTI002907
No. of Openings 1
Are you motivated by hard work, have a positive attitude and a strong focus on safety? If so, we want to hear from you!
Reporting to the Mechanical Team Leader, the Millwright will work as part of a team providing quality operational repairs and preventative maintenance services. As a member of this high performance team you will be responsible for the maintenance of all mill machinery and duties including:
- Maintenance of pumps, conveyors, compressors, mechanical systems, rollers & chains, bearings and hydraulics involved in the manufacturing process of OSB;
- Undertake preventative and predictive maintenance program for equipment Read blueprints, diagrams, and schematic drawings to assemble equipment and follow work procedures & processes;
- Operate hoisting and lifting devices to position machinery and parts during the assembly, installation, set-up, and repair of equipment and machinery;
- Inspect and examine machinery and equipment to detect and investigate irregularities and malfunctions;
- Troubleshoot, analyze, diagnose, lubricate, and perform maintenance work on machinery;
- Repair and assemble hydraulic equipment and cylinders. Assemble large, precision heavy equipment for the Lumber/wood processing sector;
- Utilize knowledge and skills to recognize opportunities for improvements and savings.
What We’re Looking For:
- Journeyperson Millwright certification;
- Hydraulic systems troubleshooting experience;
- Ability to read blue prints, plans and schematics;
- Strong problem solving skills Commitment to working safely coupled with strong communication & interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work independently with little supervision;
- Organizational and planning skills as well as proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook Considered an asset;
- Experience with CMMS systems and JDE;
- Previous experience in a forest products environment.
What We Offer:
- An unyielding commitment to your personal safety
- Competitive pay of $44.95 and exceptional benefits
- Excellent relocation package available
- Northern tax deductions may be available to Tolko employees
- The opportunity to work with the best and brightest in the industry
- A positive, dynamic, and inclusive work environment
- An open, innovative culture with diverse opportunities
- A commitment to investing in our people through training and development
- The chance to live (and play) where you work
Want to know what it’s like to work for Tolko? Click here
Who We Are:
With state-of-the-art operations across western Canada, Tolko is a leading manufacturer of a wide range of forest products for customers around the world. For over 60 years, our family-owned company has been recognized by customers and business partners for being reliable, flexible, efficient and offering quality products. With the third generation of family leadership, we’re continuing that legacy today in our divisions throughout western Canada and joint ventures in the Southern United States.
At Tolko, our values, vision and mission aren’t just what we believe. They’re how we work, live and serve our customers every day. Fundamental to our success is a diverse and committed workforce that thrives on change, building relationships, and a drive toward excellence.
Grow Here, Achieve More:
When you join Tolko, you’ll develop your skills and be encouraged to pursue diverse opportunities with a company that’s built on integrity, respect, and provides employees with the inclusive environment, support and opportunity to build great lives.
If this position sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to hear from you! Applications will be accepted at www.tolko.com.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.