Career Level Journeyman
Experience Previous Experience
Posting ID CERTI007242
No. of Openings 1
West Fraser is a leading diversified forest products company. Recognized for the eighth time as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers and one of Canada’s Best Employers for Recent Graduates, we continue to grow. We are looking for talented people to be part of our team. We believe in growing our team from within and many of our employees have built their careers with us. West Fraser’s 100 Mile Lumber Division has an opportunity for an:
You will be a key player in a company-wide continuous improvement effort through daily use of troubleshooting and preventative maintenance strategies.
- Maintenance of pumps, conveyors, compressors, mechanical systems, rollers & chains, bearings and hydraulics involved in the manufacturing process
- Undertake preventative maintenance program for equipment
- Operate hoisting and lifting devices to position machinery and parts during the assembly, installation, set-up and repair of equipment and machinery
- Repair and assemble hydraulic equipment and cylinders
- Use knowledge and skills to recognize opportunities for improvements and savings
- Verify and document repairs made
- Work in a safe manner using proper PPE
- Experience with the various automated operations and systems in modern interior saw and planer mills
- Highly motivated journeyperson with demonstrated ability to apply trade skills and knowledge safely and effectively
- A valid Inter-Provincial or Provincial Journeyperson Millwright Certification
- Mechanical aptitude; excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to work closely with other trades and employees
- Commitment to working safely and creating a safe workplace
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexible schedule to work days, nights and/or weekend shifts
Considered a strong asset:
- Previous experience working in a sawmill
- A Welding Certificate
Millwrights with welding certificates are urged to apply. Fourth year apprentices will also be considered.
Our tradespeople are required to work day, afternoon and graveyard shifts. Rate of pay and benefits are as per the USW Local 1-2017 Collective Agreement.
100 Mile House and surrounding area is home to approximately 15,000 people and offers a close knit, friendly atmosphere with modern recreation, education and medical facilities, and excellent outdoor leisure opportunities.
If this position sounds like the career for you, apply at www.westfraser.com/jobs click “apply now” in green at the top of the page.
For more information on West Fraser and our current opportunities, visit our website at: www.westfraser.com/jobs
West Fraser believes inclusive, diverse teams build a more vibrant workforce, safer operations and a stronger company overall. We strive to create workplaces and leadership teams that are reflective of the diverse communities we are a part of. We will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, gender, national origin or any other protected legal characteristic.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.