Career Level Certification
Experience Previous Experience
Posting ID CERTI02645
No. of Openings 1
Reporting to the Supervisor, Millwrights work as part of a team to provide quality operational repairs and preventative maintenance services. As a member of a high performance team, you will be responsible for the maintenance of all mill machinery and duties including:
- Maintenance of pumps, conveyors, compressors, mechanical systems, rollers & chains, bearings and hydraulics involved in the manufacturing process;
- Undertake preventative and predictive maintenance program for equipment, read blueprints, diagrams, and schematic drawings to assemble equipment and follow work procedures & processes;
- Inspect and examine machinery and equipment to detect and investigate irregularities and malfunctions;
- Troubleshoot, analyze, diagnose, lubricate, and perform maintenance work on machinery;
- Repair and assemble hydraulic equipment and cylinders. Assemble large, precision heavy equipment for the wood processing sector;
- Utilize knowledge and skills to recognize opportunities for improvements and savings.
- Certified Millwright with a valid Interprovincial ticket;
- Hydraulic systems troubleshooting experience;
- Ability to read blue prints, plans and schematics;
- Strong problem solving skills;
- Commitment to working safely coupled with strong communication & interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work independently with little supervision;
- Organizational and planning skills as well as proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook considered an asset;
- Experience with CMMS systems and JD Edwards;
- Previous experience in a forest products environment considered an asset.
With state-of-the-art operations across western Canada, Tolko is a leading manufacturer of a wide range of forest products for customers around the world. For over 60 years, our family-owned company has been recognized by our customers and business partners for being reliable, flexible, efficient and offering quality products. With the third generation of family leadership, we’re continuing that legacy today in our divisions throughout western Canada and joint ventures in the Southern United States.
At Tolko, our values, vision and mission aren’t just what we believe. They’re how we work, live and serve our customers every day. Fundamental to our success is a diverse and committed workforce that thrives on change, building relationships, and a drive toward excellence.
We are committed to the well-being of future generations through responsible operational and environmental performance. This commitment applies to all aspects of our business. We hold third-party certification on the forestlands that we sustainably manage in BC, Alberta and Saskatchewan. And, through our community investment strategy, we strive to play an active and constructive role in the communities where we live and work. Whether we’re providing jobs, volunteering or giving through donations, we work to make our communities stronger and more vibrant through active participation.
When you join Tolko, you’re saying yes to a company that has been built on integrity, respect, and provides employees with the inclusive environment, support and opportunity they need to build great lives.
We’re more than an industry leader. We’re the place where you succeed as our most valuable resource!
- An unyielding commitment to your personal safety
- Competitive pay and exceptional benefits
- The opportunity to work with the best and brightest in the industry
- Diverse opportunities
- An open, innovative culture
- A positive, dynamic, and inclusive work environment
- Technical and leadership training to ensure you work successfully and safely
- The chance to live (and play) where you work
Please reference “mytrades.ca” when applying for this position.