Career Level Certification
Experience Previous Experience
Posting ID CERTI003314
No. of Openings 1
Certified Millwright – Relocation support provided
High Level, Alberta
Certified Millwrights are our rockstars. You don’t just do regular PMs, troubleshoot issues and keep machines running. You keep our business running and you do so in a way that keeps our employees and equipment safe. Interested in learning more about us? Read on, you may have found your new home….
We are looking for Red Seal Millwrights to join our largest sawmill, located in High Level, Alberta. Our High Level Lumber Division safely and sustainably produces forest products for customers around the world so they can build their homes and their communities.
You are seasoned in your trade, and have experience troubleshooting hydraulics systems, and can accurately read blueprints, plans and schematic drawings. You are able to work independently, follow work procedures and processes and can take on the challenge of assembling large, precision heavy equipment.
Your ideal workday will look something like this:
- You will work with a high-performance team dedicated to maintaining all mill machinery including pumps, conveyors, compressors, mechanical systems, rollers and chains, bearings and hydraulic systems involved in the manufacturing process.
- You will keep our systems running smoothly by performing preventative and predictive maintenance. This includes inspecting machinery and equipment to detect and investigate irregularities and malfunctions.
- Better yet, you will win big by finding safe, creative ways to boost equipment reliability and streamline our processes.
- When things go wrong (which they will), you’ll apply your knowledge, skills and experience to troubleshoot issues and come up with safe, reliable fixes to keep the mill running.
- You will share your knowledge with the next generation of maintenance rockstars – our Apprentices.
We value diversity at Tolko and respect that experience and knowledge come in many forms. Even if you don’t think you check every box, please apply. We would love to hear your story and have you grow with us.
So, what’s in it for you?
- You will take on an exciting new challenge with supportive team members.
- You will earn a competitive wage, with added premiums for working shifts, dual tickets and signing up as a first aider.
- Competitive benefits and retirement plans come standard, so you don’t have to choose between your bottom line and your wellbeing or your future.
- Relocation support including community connections so you can live (and play) where you work.
- Continued development through on the job and classroom training.
- A positive, innovative, and inclusive work environment.
If you want to work in a sustainable, future focused industry, there is no better place than Tolko. Our family has been producing innovative forest products for over 65 years. Our focus remains on sustainably managing our forests and our business for upcoming generations.
We want YOU to join our family. Come Grow Here! Apply today at www.tolko.com/careers. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Want to know what it’s like to work for Tolko? Hear what our employees have to say!
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
About High Level
Located in the beautiful northwestern region of Alberta, High Level is home to over 4,000 people. Surrounded by unspoiled nature, the town has endless outdoor activities to explore, along with an in-town swimming pool, hockey arena, yoga studio, golf course and many more amenities. We honour that the Town of High Level is Treaty 8 territory, traditional territory of the Beaver, Dene Tha’, Little Red River Cree, Tallcree, and a traditional meeting ground and home for many Indigenous Peoples, including the Paddle Prairie Métis Peoples. Watch this video to learn more about the community and find out why life is better here.
To protect the privacy of your personal information, please ensure that when you apply, you are directed to Tolko’s job board at https://recruiting.ultipro.ca or you are accessing Tolko job opportunities through our website at www.tolko.com/careers.
Please reference “mytrades.ca” when applying for this position.