Career Level Red Seal
Experience 3-5 Years
No. of Openings 1
Taseko Mines is a dynamic international mining company, headquartered in Vancouver. Our strategy is to grow our company through developing our pipeline of high-quality advanced stage projects.
Taseko owns (75%) and operates the state-of-the-art Gibraltar Mine in central British Columbia. Gibraltar is the second largest open pit copper mine in Canada and has a 700 person workforce. Gibraltar has a long mine life and produces an average of 140 million pounds of copper and 2.5 million pounds of molybdenum per year.
The company has recently completed construction of a US$25 million demonstration plant at its Florence Copper Project in Arizona. Florence Copper is a unique in-situ copper recovery project which, when in production, will significantly increase Taseko’s copper production. Engineering, design and permitting activities are underway in preparation for the 25-year commercial production phase of the project.
With the recent acquisition of Yellowhead Mining, Taseko has added a large, long-life copper project to its development portfolio. The deposit, located 150km north of Kamloops, BC, is similar to the Gibraltar Mine deposit and the company is preparing to take the steps necessary to advance the technical and permitting work required to move the project towards production.
In addition to the activities underway at Florence Copper and Yellowhead, Taseko continues engineering, permitting and environmental assessment related activities at its Aley niobium project in north central BC. For more information on Taseko visit our website at https://www.tasekomines.com
- Meeting production and maintenance goals while ensuring that these targets are met in a safe and efficient manner.
- Contributing to the professional growth and development of apprentices.
- Inspect, test, adjust, repair and replace electric, electronic, mechanical and pneumatic instruments and systems used to indicate, record and control systems.
- Inspect, test and calibrate flow meters, valves, pressure sensors, temperature indicators, weigh scales and other recording, indicating or controlling devices using standard methods and equipment.
- Troubleshoot and solve problems in devices and circuits using test equipment, schematics and maintenance and/or operational manuals.
- Use of hand and power tools common to your trade as well as recording calibration data, completing work orders, updating schematics and reporting on issues and/or alterations made to systems.
Professional Experience / Qualifications
- 2-5 years of concentrator (mill) operating experience relating to crushing, grinding and flotation would be a definite asset
- Familiarity with Modicon PLC, Emerson Delta V DCS
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Red Seal Trade Qualification and demonstrated technical performance.
At Taseko, we pride ourselves in offering a challenging and rewarding work environment. Our employees have the opportunity for career and professional growth through development, education, and succession plan programs.
In addition, our compensation benefit package includes competitive salaries and vacation packages, Health and Insurance benefit program, and Retirement Savings Plan.
If you are qualified for the position posted and are interested in being part of reshaping the future of Taseko Mines Limited, please formally submit an application through our website at https://www.tasekomines.com
Please reference “mytrades.ca” when applying for this position.