Career Level Red Seal
Experience 3-5 Years
Posting ID CERTI006509
No. of Openings 1
Reporting to the E/I Supervisor, the Instrumentation Tech will be a key player in a company-wide continuous improvement effort through daily use of predictive and preventative maintenance strategies. As a member of this high performing team, you will be responsible for working safely within the pulp mill.
- Actively contribute to creating a safe work environment
- Perform preventative maintenance on control system components, instrumentation, and valves.
- Investigate and analyze process variations and anomalies and communicate with operations to develop a solution.
- Troubleshoot, repair, calibrate and install a wide variety instrumentation, control, and analyzers.
- Install new instrumentation and electrical equipment throughout the facility
- Participate in on-call rotation and shift coverage to support plant operations.
- A valid Instrumentation certification and/or Interprovincial Red Seal certification is required
- Five years of experience in an operating industrial environment
- Mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic knowledge and aptitude
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Demonstrated problem solving, troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Proficiency in DeltaV DCS, and PLC systems is required.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as succeed independently using available resources.
- A desire to progress, learn, grow, and succeed
- Embody the West Fraser core values of safety, integrity, humility, teamwork, frugality, competitiveness, respect and fun
Our employees drive our success. We believe in providing opportunities for growth and advancement and are looking for someone who wants to build their career in our company. In addition to competitive wages and benefits, Hinton Pulp offers a stable, rewarding career.
We are located in Hinton, Alberta, 20 minutes east of Jasper National Park, and 2½ hours west of Edmonton. Hinton, set amidst the stunning scenery of the Alberta Rockies, is a modern community of 10,000 offering terrific lifestyles for individuals and families.
Our region is an outdoor enthusiast’s paradise, with exciting activities from skiing, snowmobiling, camping, hiking, fishing, hunting, and ATV’s. Hinton features a full-service acute care hospital, major retail and restaurant chains, theatre, community parks and pools, educational institutions for pre-school through post-secondary. To learn more, visit the Town of Hinton Web site: www.hinton.ca.
Interested applicants should apply online by sending their resume, cover letter, and transcripts/proof of qualifications in confidence. To apply, click on our job ad at www.westfraser.com/jobs and then click “apply now” at the top of the page.
West Fraser believes inclusive, diverse teams build a more vibrant workforce, safer operations and a stronger company overall. We strive to create workplaces and leadership teams that are reflective of the diverse communities we are a part of. We will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, gender, national origin or any other protected legal characteristic.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone enquiries please.
Please reference “mytrades.ca” when applying for this position.