Career Level Skilled Labour
Experience 2-5 Years
Posting ID CERTI006477
No. of Openings 1
Department Maintenance and Operations
Reporting to the Electrical Supervisor, you would be a key player in the company-wide continuous improvement effort through daily use of troubleshooting, predictive, and preventive maintenance strategies.
- Maintain a safe work environment
- Ensure consistent operations of all electrical equipment across the site
- Verify and document repairs, via computer-based software
- Monitor product quality and provide feedback
- Ability to read Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) programming, for AB PLC5, Control Logix 5000
- Preventative maintenance with small construction projects
- Troubleshooting various pieces of equipment, with other trades
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Several years of experience as an electrician
- Candidates must possess a Red Seal Certificate
- A valid journeyman certification is required
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills
- Demonstrated problem solving, troubleshooting and analytical skills
- An understanding of Process Controls and Instrumentation, including but not limited to electric over pneumatic, or hydraulic
- Weekend and/or shift work would be required
Considered a strong asset:
- Previous experience working in a sawmill or an industrial environment
- Previous supervisory experience would be considered an asset.
West Fraser Timber has over 60 locations across Canada, the United States and Europe. We believe strongly in promoting from within and pride ourselves on providing a challenging environment with continuous development. The successful candidate should be interested in future growth opportunities within the company. West Fraser offers an excellent compensation package including a competitive salary, excellent benefits and an outstanding pension plan.
We thank all candidates for their interest. Please apply through our online application process as resumes will not be accepted at the site. No phone inquiries, please.
West Fraser believes inclusive, diverse teams build a more vibrant workforce, safer operations, and a stronger company overall. We strive to create workplaces and leadership teams that are reflective of the diverse communities we are a part of. We will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, gender, national origin, or any other protected legal characteristic.
West Fraser is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D & Drug-Free Workplace
Please reference “mytrades.ca” when applying for this position.