Career Level Red Seal
Experience Previous Experience
Posting ID CERTI005779
No. of Openings 1
Department Maintenance & Skilled Trades
West Fraser is a leading diversified forest products company. Rated as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for eight years, we are a growing company looking for talented people to be part of our team. Our Slave Lake Veneer division in Alberta has an opportunity for a:
Reporting to the Electrical Supervisor, you would be a key player in the company-wide continuous improvement effort through daily use of troubleshooting, predictive, and preventive maintenance strategies.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Maintain a safe work environment
- Ensure consistent operations of all electrical equipment at the mill
- Verify and document repairs, via computer-based software
- Monitor product quality and provide feedback
- Ability to read and write Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) programming, for AB PLC5, Control Logix 5000
- Preventative maintenance with small to large construction projects
- Troubleshooting various pieces of equipment, with other trades
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Several years of experience as an electrician
- Candidates must possess a Red Seal Certificate
- A valid Journeyperson Certification is required
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills
- Demonstrated problem solving, troubleshooting and analytical skills
- An understanding of Process Controls and Instrumentation, including but not limited to electric over pneumatic, or hydraulic
- Weekend and/or shift work would be required
Considered a strong asset:
- Previous experience working in a wood process facility or an industrial environment
- Previous experience working with Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC). Reading and writing in various types of PLC’s.
West Fraser Timber has over 60 locations across Canada, the United States and Europe. We believe strongly in promoting from within and pride ourselves on providing a challenging environment with continuous development. The successful candidate should be interested in future growth opportunities within the company. West Fraser offers an excellent compensation package including a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and an outstanding pension plan.
West Fraser believes inclusive, diverse teams build a more vibrant workforce, safer operations, and a stronger company overall. We strive to create workplaces and leadership teams that are reflective of the diverse communities we are a part of. We will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, gender, national origin or any other protected legal characteristic.
For more information on West Fraser and our current opportunities, visit our website at: www.westfraser.com/jobs
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please reference “mytrades.ca” when applying for this position.