Career Level Red Seal
Experience 3-5 Years
Posting ID CERTI007313
No. of Openings 1
West Fraser is a leading diversified forest products company. Listed on the TSX, NYSE and rated as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for eight years, we are a growing company looking for talented people to be part of our team. Our Ranger Board MDF panels division in Blue Ridge, Alberta has an opportunity for a:
Reporting to the Electrical supervision, you would be a key player in the company-wide safety culture, continuous improvement effort through daily use of troubleshooting, predictive, Pdm, and preventive maintenance strategies.
“At West Fraser Safety and Production are the same.”
- Maintain a safe work environment
- Be responsible for your own personal safety
- Ensure consistent operations of all electrical equipment at the complex
- Verify and document repairs, via computer-based software
- Monitor product quality and provide feedback
- Ability to read Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) programming, Schneider’s suite of controllers
- Preventative maintenance with small construction projects
- Troubleshooting various pieces of equipment, with other trades
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Several years of experience as an Electrician
- Experience in instrumentation
- Candidates require Alberta Electrical trade qualifications or Electrical Red Seal Certificate
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills
- Demonstrated problem solving, troubleshooting and analytical skills
- An understanding of Process Controls and Instrumentation, including but not limited to electric over pneumatic, or hydraulic, GE Ifix systems, Schneider PLC’s, Mitsubishi VFD systems
- Weekend and/or shift work will be required
Considered a strong asset:
- Previous experience working in an industrial environment
West Fraser Timber has over 60 locations across Canada, the United States and Europe. We believe strongly in promoting from within and pride ourselves on providing a challenging environment with continuous development. The successful candidate should be interested in future growth opportunities within the company. West Fraser offers an excellent compensation package including a competitive salary, excellent benefits and an outstanding pension plan.
West Fraser believes inclusive, diverse teams build a more vibrant workforce, safer operations, and a stronger company overall. We strive to create workplaces and leadership teams that are reflective of the diverse communities we are a part of. We will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, gender, national origin, or any other protected legal characteristic.
If this position sounds like the career for you, apply at www.westfraser.com/jobs click “apply now” in green at the top of the page.
For more information on West Fraser and our current opportunities, visit our website at: www.westfraser.com/jobs
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.