Career Level Red Seal
Experience 4-6 Years
Posting ID CERTI007428
No. of Openings 1
Are you an experienced Red Seal Electrician looking for an exciting career opportunity? Are you ready to take ownership and grow an already dynamic global business? Cariboo Pulp & Paper, located in Quesnel BC, is currently looking for a motivated:
Reporting to the Electrical Supervisor, you would be a key player in the company-wide continuous improvement effort through daily use of troubleshooting, predictive, and preventive maintenance strategies.
- Maintain a safe work environment
- Ensure consistent operations of all electrical equipment
- Verify and document repairs, via computer-based software
- Monitor product quality and provide feedback
- Ability to read Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) programming, for AB PLC5, Control Logix 5000
- Preventative maintenance with small construction projects
- Troubleshooting various pieces of equipment, with other trades
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Several years of experience as an electrician
- Candidates must possess a Red Seal Certificate
- A valid Journeyperson Certification is required
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills
- Demonstrated problem solving, troubleshooting and analytical skills
- An understanding of Process Controls and Instrumentation, including but not limited to electric over pneumatic, or hydraulic
- Weekend and/or shift work would be required
Considered a strong asset:
- Previous experience working in an industrial environment
West Fraser Timber has over 60 locations across Canada, the United States and Europe. We believe strongly in promoting from within and pride ourselves on providing a challenging environment with continuous development. The successful candidate should be interested in future growth opportunities within the company. West Fraser offers an excellent compensation package including a competitive salary, excellent benefits and an outstanding pension plan.
West Fraser believes inclusive, diverse teams build a more vibrant workforce, safer operations and a stronger company overall. We strive to create workplaces and leadership teams that are reflective of the diverse communities we are a part of. We will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, gender, national origin or any other protected legal characteristic.
For more information on West Fraser and our current opportunities, visit our website at: www.westfraser.com/jobs
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.