Career Level Red Seal
Experience Previous Experience
Posting ID CERTI005876
No. of Openings 1
Department Maintenance & Skilled Trades
West Fraser is a leading diversified forest products company. Rated as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for eight years, we are a growing company looking for talented people to be part of our team. Our High Prairie Forest Products division in Alberta has an opportunity for a:
Reporting to the Electrical Supervisor, you would be a key player in the company-wide continuous improvement effort through daily use of troubleshooting, predictive, and preventive maintenance strategies.
- Maintain a safe work environment
- Ensure consistent operations of all electrical equipment at the sawmill complex
- Verify and document repairs, via computer-based software
- Monitor product quality and provide feedback
- Ability to read Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) programming, for AB PLC5, Control Logix 5000
- Preventative maintenance with small construction projects
- Troubleshooting various pieces of equipment, with other trades
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Several years of experience as an electrician
- Candidates must possess a Red Seal Certificate
- A valid Journeyperson Certification is required
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills
- Demonstrated problem solving, troubleshooting and analytical skills
- An understanding of Process Controls and Instrumentation, including but not limited to electric over pneumatic, or hydraulic
- Weekend and/or shift work would be required
Considered a strong asset:
- Previous experience working in a sawmill or an industrial environment
West Fraser Timber has over 60 locations across Canada, the United States and Europe. We believe strongly in promoting from within and pride ourselves on providing a challenging environment with continuous development. The successful candidate should be interested in future growth opportunities within the company. West Fraser offers an excellent compensation package including a competitive salary, excellent benefits and an outstanding pension plan.
West Fraser believes inclusive, diverse teams build a more vibrant workforce, safer operations and a stronger company overall. We strive to create workplaces and leadership teams that are reflective of the diverse communities we are a part of. We will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, gender, national origin or any other protected legal characteristic.
For more information on West Fraser and our current opportunities, visit our website at: www.westfraser.com/jobs
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please reference “mytrades.ca” when applying for this position.