Career Level Journeyman
Experience Previous Experience
Posting ID CERTI006985
No. of Openings 1
Reporting to the Electrical Supervisor, the preferred candidate is an Industrial Electrician with a good understanding of process systems, PLC Controls, HMI Programming, and motor control systems. Attention to safety and efficiency is a must. Good interpersonal and communication skills are also required to work in our team environment.
Specific duties include:
- Ensuring the operation of electrical systems and equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements and troubleshooting problems on all manufacturing equipment programmable controllers, transformers, and machinery wiring; following electrical codes, manuals, schematic diagrams, blueprints, and other specifications
- Repairing and replacing as necessary, electrical systems and equipment by diagnosing malfunctioning apparatus, such as transformers, motors, and lighting fixtures; determining faulty wiring, inspecting and testing malfunctioning machinery
- Controlling downtime by continual improvement on all sawmill manufacturing equipment.
- Preparing electrical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends. Making recommendations as necessary for improvements
- Maintaining a safe and clean working environment by complying with health and safety practices and use of personal protective equipment
- Contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results
- Maintaining documentation as required by Electrical Safety Authority
- Performing systematic quality checks on all work performed
Our ideal candidate possesses:
- A valid Inter-Provincial or Provincial Journeyperson electrical certification
- Ability to read blue prints, plans and schematics
- Electrical aptitude and excellent problem solving skills
- Commitment to working safely and creating a safe work place
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Organizational and planning skills
- Flexible schedule in order to work day, evening, graveyard and weekend shifts
- Leadership qualities
Considered a strong asset:
- Previous experience working in a sawmill, planer mill or with forest products
- A Red Seal Certificate
- A thorough understanding of Allen Bradley Servo Drives, VFD Drives, HMI programming Controllogix PLCs and hydraulics systems.
West Fraser is currently looking for individuals who are interested in a full time long-term career. Our employees can expect a challenging, stable, safe work environment with career development opportunities. We are committed to environmental excellence, workplace safety and sustaining operating leadership through profitability and continued investments.
Chetwynd is a growing, family-friendly community located on the eastern foothills of the Rocky Mountains and offers excellent year round recreational activities. Our mill and forest operations form an integral part of the community, providing economic stability to employees and families that live in the Chetwynd area. To learn more visit: http://www.gochetwynd.com
If this position sounds like the career for you, apply at www.westfraser.com/jobs click “apply now” in green at the top of the page.
For more information on West Fraser and our current opportunities, visit our website at: www.westfraser.com/jobs
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Please reference “mytrades.ca” when applying for this position.