Career Level Journeyman
Experience 3-5 Years
Posting ID 809
No. of Openings 1
Launched in 1998 with nothing more than a used Caterpillar dozer and an entrepreneurial spirit, Bouchier has grown to be a leading provider of integrated site services to the Athabasca Oil Sands region.
From our head office in Fort McKay, Alberta and administrative office in Fort McMurray, Alberta, the company now employs more than 800 dedicated team members and commands a fleet of over 350 pieces of equipment.
With a strong belief in doing the right things in the right way, Bouchier is now one of the largest companies owned and operated by Indigenous peoples in the area providing contracting, construction, and general site services.
Position Type: Fulltime/Project
Location: CNUL Albian
Schedule: 7 on / 7 off
Flight, Camp and/ or Bussing available
Flight Hubs: Edmonton or Calgary
Please apply to this posting with your cover letter and resume inclusive of copies of your safety tickets and abstract.
Bouchier is looking for a Carpenter Journeyperson who is ambitious, hardworking and eager to learn new skills while supporting the organization in a variety of roles. They will bring their skills/understanding of construction codes and can analyze and troubleshoot while actively assisting with a variety of work scopes required for maintenance tasks and projects.
- Understanding the specified requirements of the client and working on the specified guidelines to accomplish the same.
- Reading construction layouts and blueprints and systematically planning all work processes.
- Framing or Finish Carpentry experience, drywall skills an asset
- Repair and maintain doors, floors, windows, partitions, ceilings, and exteriors of buildings; builds and installs door and window framing
- Build wooden/steel structures such as partitions, building, office additions, does sheeting and rough carpentry on the buildings as well as final finishes
- Perform hand and bench work in carpentry work shop; operate planers, joiners, drill presses, power saws, sanders, and other woodworking machinery
- Repair and maintain doors, floors, windows, partitions, ceilings, and exteriors of buildings; build and install door and window framing
- Provide training, mentorship and support for Apprentices as required
- Other duties as assigned
Education & Experience:
- Alberta-certified journeyperson or a recognized related trade certificate
- Some high school or High School Diploma preferred
- Previous Renovations Experience an asset
- 3 years experience in a similar role
- Previous oil and construction industry experience preferred
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
- CSTS and OSSA Regional Orientation or OSSA BSO (Basic Safety Orientation before December 31, 2018) or CSO (Common Safety Orientation after January 1, 2019)
- Ability to stand, crouch and kneel for long periods of time
- Manual dexterity
- Balance for working on scaffolding
- Ability to solve arithmetic problems quickly and accurately
- Ability to get along well with others on a work team
- Applicants must have the ability to speak, read and write fluently in English
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until suitable candidate is found.
Please apply online: Via: bouchier.ca/careers
Main Office PO Box 6607, Fort McMurray, Alberta T9H 5N4
Please follow us on Facebook at https://m.facebook.com/BouchierGroup/
The Bouchier Group would like to thank all applicants who apply to our postings. Please note that only those selected for interviews will be contacted directly. No phone calls please