Career Level Journeyman
Experience 5-7 Years
Posting ID 048668
No. of Openings 1
Carpenter Foreperson – Calgary, Alberta (Job Number: 048668)
The future you want is within reach.
At PCL, we build the places where life happens and find camaraderie in the process. We’re a community of builders committed to building better communities. That’s why we’re always looking ahead, and not just to the next project or what’s next in our industry.
We’re also looking at what’s next for you and we can help you build a career you’re proud of.
PCL Builders is seeking experienced Carpenter Foreperson’s to join our team in Calgary and Southern Alberta.
As a Carpenter Foreperson for our Calgary District, you will contribute to our team by:
- Supervising and coordinating site construction activity of PCL own forces Carpenters including concrete formwork erection, scaffolding erection, install of embedded steel and setup of hoardings and temporary shelters.
- Reading drawings and specifications for construction activities.
- Directing workers for stripping of formwork, dismantling of scaffolds and platforms, and formwork cycling.
- Ensuring implementation of PCL’s safety program including hazard assessments, tailgate meetings and inspections.
- Completing hourly timecards for payroll
- Demonstrating an understanding of productivities and scheduling and applying direction to the workforce accordingly
- Performing Carpentry tasks as required to assist the crew, as required
What you will bring to the role:
- Minimum 5 years of supervising concrete formwork crews in civil or commercial construction or trade coordination work
- A valid Journeyman ticket or equivalent certification
- A basic understanding of Microsoft office including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Be in good health and physically fit
- Be a good communicator, mentor and leader
PCL is an innovative, safety-oriented company comprised of people who find passion in their profession and take pride in doing great work everyday. Our work powers the infrastructure and utilities that are essential to daily life and our projects are the scene of vacations, careers, education and healing. We are consistently ranked among the best companies to work for because we are committed to supporting and developing our teams.
The PCL Companies celebrate diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to an inclusive environment for all employees and applicants an will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability or veteran status.
Should you require an accommodation during the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the position and location you are interested in.
Together, we can build success and a better future. Let’s get started!