Career Level Journeyman
Experience Previous Experience
No. of Openings Multiple
Union/Non Non-Union Position
British Columbia Infrastructure Benefits Inc. (BCIB) is the provincial Crown Corporation responsible for implementing the Community Benefits Agreement (CBA) on select public infrastructure projects.
The CBA prioritizes the hiring of qualified local, Indigenous peoples, women, people with disabilities and other underrepresented groups and enables a culturally competent and respectful worksite. BCIB is committed to growing and mobilizing a safe, diverse and skilled workforce and increase opportunities for apprenticeships.
When you join our database of skilled tradespeople, you gain access to a network of projects. Our goal is to help you progress in your career with consistent work closer to home.
Red Seal, Journey Person and Apprentice Carpenters are required on the Pattullo Bridge Replacement Project all through the year 2022.
Job Profile Overview:
As described by the ITA, carpenters may be required to build and repair various structures made of wood, wood-substitutes, and other materials. Carpenters assemble and erect forms for concrete, wood and metal frame construction and use plans and instruments to prepare for excavating and shoring.
Working Conditions and other requirements:
- Extended shift hours in changing weather conditions.
- Busy, noisy and dusty environments on dynamic terrains with multiple trades working together.
- Personal Protective Equipment will be required (e.g., steel-toed safety boots, safety
- Construction jobs may require workers to be in good physical condition with the ability to lift
- Ability to follow instructions and basic design specifications.
- Must have good observational skills and the ability to multitask.
- Have a good understanding and the ability to follow safe work procedures.
- Have good communication, interpersonal and coordination skills.
Experience, qualifications, and certifications that are considered an asset:
- Valid Red Seal, Journey Person or Apprenticeship Carpentry certification considered an asset.
- Has experience in modular formworks.
- Must be comfortable working from heights.
- OFA Level 1 considered an asset.
- Experience working in heavy civil construction or road building considered an asset.
- Fall Protection, Ariel Work Platform, Confined Space Entry considered an asset.
- Site Ready BC including WHMIS (details will be provided by BCIB upon employment).
Create a Profile with BCIB
To apply for work opportunities with BCIB, start by creating an online profile. Once you apply and are accepted into our database, we’ll contact you when an appropriate position becomes available. When you join BCIB, you’re joining a community of skilled British Columbians who work on some of the most interesting projects in the province.
BCIB works with various support organizations to bridge skill gaps among workers with different levels of experience. If there are skilled trades training opportunities which match your profile, we will contact you.