Career Level Post Secondary Degree
Experience 5-7 Years
Posting ID CAPIT01224
Core Duties and Responsibilities
Project Development & Planning
- Lead the coordination and management of all mechanical, electrical, structural, and civil aspects of strategic capital projects.
- Define the project’s scope based on research of proven technology, compliance with Pinnacle standards, and input from the Operations, Automation, and Safety teams.
- Participate in the development of project budgets and schedules.
- Complete risk analysis to define contingencies and offset strategies.
- Communicate project performance against both the schedule milestones and the budget segments through regular progress reports and presentations.
- Develop plans in cooperation with the Operations, Automation, and Safety teams for commissioning activities.
- Conduct a post project review and deliver a recommendations report in order to identify key wins and areas of opportunity within the project.
Contracts & Supplier Management
- Segregate the project scope into clearly defined packages and oversee the bid inquiry process.
- Negotiate agreements with both contractors and suppliers.
- Manage the timely delivery, review, and approval of drawings, specifications, and documents from both equipment suppliers and coordinating engineers.
- Manage suppliers to ensuring deliveries meet the project specifications, schedule, quality, and performance guarantees.
- Supervise construction site activities including the coordination of multiple contractors.
- Maintain contractor and supplier relationships through clear communication and timely resolution of site and performance issues.
Quality & Safety Management
- Working closely with the Director of Health & Safety, set and review health & safety guidelines in order to minimize accidents and injuries throughout all aspects of the project.
- Acquire all necessary permits and authorizations required to ensure the safe and compliant delivery of the project.
- Supervise and document contractor compliance with safety policies, environmental regulations and applicable laws.
- Perform testing of equipment performance in accordance with contracted standards and hold third parties accountable to remedy variances.
- Thoroughly document the baseline parameters during which the performance standards were achieved.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive QA & QC program and coordinate the resolution of related problems.
- Define and continuously update, in conjunction with operation personnel, the Pinnacle civil, structural, electrical, and mechanical standards.
- Ensure spare parts and first-fill inventories are established.
- Ensure accuracy of as-built drawings, including all field modification as part of the project closure procedure.
- Provide operations with a complete set of operating and equipment maintenance manuals and documentation.
- Ensure the hand-off of the finished product complies with all applicable building and industrial codes for occupancy requirements (obtain all certificates).
- Work with the Director of Environment and Energy to ensure incentive funding programs are maximized, and to ensure compliance with environmental laws and regulations.
- Work with the Operations Process Manager and Engineering Manager to ensure compliance with NFPA regulations.
- Work with the Director of Health & Safety to establish the site OH&S program upon finalization of the construction phase of the project, ensuring all legislative requirements are understood and implemented.
Minimum Requirements (Experience, Education, Qualifications, Skills, Abilities)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Construction Management, Engineering, or Project Management.
- Engineering Degree or equivalent Technology diploma; PMP designation is preferred.
- Proven commitment to our core value of “Owning Safety”.
- Broad understanding of each engineering.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of building products, construction details, as well as relevant rules, regulations, and quality standards.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Effective leadership and strategic influencing skills.
- Effective business systems thinker and a good understanding of business process knowledge.
- Proficient with personal computers and various business applications including MS Office suite & MS Project.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects at one time.
- Strong stakeholder management focus.
- Self-motivated and ability to work proactively and in team environment.
- Willingness to travel internationally, including driving long distances.
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
- Thought Provoking: Capable of making others think deeply on a subject
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
- Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks