Career Level General Labour
Experience Previous Experience
No. of Openings Various Positions
Company: Tahltan Nation Development Corporation (TNDC)
Location: Remote Project Sites
TNDC is seeking applicants for the following positions:
- General helpers
- Camp administrative
TNDC is always on the lookout for motivated, skilled, and trained workers, students seeking to gain work experience and those new to the workforce.
TNDC is looking for those that are committed to a safe work environment and practice safe work procedures. Applicants will be required to work and stay in a remote camp setting during their shift. Work schedules may vary, depending on the position and jobsite.
Applicants must be physically fit to meet work demands. This may include:
- standing for extended periods of times; and
- performing tasks that involve repetitive movements, bending, and heavy lifting.
TNDC is seeking reliable and dependable candidates that will arrive for work on-time, ready for work, have good physical stamina and take pride in providing high quality customer service.
Skills & Experience
- good communication and interpersonal skills; a positive attitude with the ability to be flexible
- able to take direction, follow instructions and adapt to changing priorities and multi-tasking
- strong work ethic with an ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- a team player that works respectfully and cooperatively with others
- ability to exercise initiative and good judgement
Conditions of Employment
- pass mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol screening and fitness for work assessment where required
- valid Food Safe – Level 1 Certificate preferred
- valid Occupational First Aid Certification (OFA) – Level 1 or 3 preferred
- valid WHMIS Certification preferred
- valid Class 5 driver’s license preferred; not required for all positions
- the ability to repetitively lift/move up to 50 lbs and maintain high levels of performance throughout shift
How to Apply:
Please apply to:
Human Resources, Tahltan Nation Development Corporation
Box 250 | IR #9 Hwy 37N
Dease Lake, BC V0C 1L0
Please specify in your application to this posting the position you are applying for.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Tahltan members are encouraged to apply. Please reference “mytrades.ca” in your application.