Career Level Foreman
Experience 5-7 Years
Posting ID 044800
No. of Openings 1
At PCL, we build the places where life happens and find camaraderie in the process. We’re a community of builders committed to building better communities. That’s why we’re always looking ahead, and not just to the next project or what’s next in our industry.
We’re also looking at what’s next for you and we can help you build a career you’re proud of.
We are seeking experienced Bridge Construction General Foreperson’s for jobs located in Calgary, Alberta.
As a Bridge General Foreperson for our Calgary District, you will contribute to our team by:
- Overseeing own forces construction activity for bridge structures including abutments, piers, walls, bridge decks, barriers and other concrete forming scopes
- Work with the project Superintendent to develop scheduling and sequencing plans for bridge formwork and concrete pours
- Collaborating with the project team and other trade contractors to ensure compliance with bridge construction
- Implementing PCL’s safety program, and ensuring compliance with PCL’s health, safety and environment procedures.
- Coaching, training and mentoring Lead Hands, Forepersons and other crew members.
What you will bring to the role:
- Five or more years of experience in bridge construction as a Foreperson or General Foreperson
- Experience in directing and organizing own forces crews for concrete formwork and workface planning relating to bridge structures
- Experience and knowledge for implementing a strong safety culture and application of HSE policies and procedures.
- Ability to coordinate multiple construction scopes and overlapping activities
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software including Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
PCL is an innovative, safety-oriented company comprised of people who find passion in their profession and take pride in doing great work everyday. Our work powers the infrastructure and utilities that are essential to daily life and our projects are the scene of vacations, careers, education and healing. We are consistently ranked among the best companies to work for because we are committed to supporting and developing our teams.
The PCL Companies celebrate diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating equitable opportunities and an inclusive environment for all employees and applicants. We make employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability or veteran status.
Should you require an accommodation during the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the position and location you are interested in.
Together, we can build success and a better future. Let’s get started!
Please reference “mytrades.ca” when applying for this position.