Career Level Red Seal
Experience 1- 3 Years
No. of Openings 1
Department Broadway Subway Project
British Columbia Infrastructure Benefits Inc. (BCIB) is a Crown Corporation employing skilled trades people on major infrastructure projects throughout the province. We employ the labour force on projects that fall under the Province’s Community Benefits Agreement (CBA). When you join our database of skilled tradespeople, you gain access to a network of projects. Through the CBA, we open doors for underrepresented workers, maximize apprenticeship opportunities, and work to create respectful and welcoming worksites. Our goal is to help you progress in your career with consistent work closer to home. BCIB is hiring a number of above-ground positions to support the tunnel boring work for the Broadway Subway Project. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to work with professionals from around the world to create a legacy in your community. To learn more about the Tunnel Boring work visit, https://www.bcib.ca/portfolio-items/broadway-subway-project/
Red Seal and Journeyperson Welders are required on the Broadway Subway Project all through the year 2022 and will be working as an essential part of the above ground support team supporting the Tunnel Boring work.
Job Profile Overview:
As described by the ITA, a Welder is responsible for welding ferrous and non-ferrous metals in all positions on plate and/ or pipe using various welding processes while performing duties such as fabrication, equipment maintenance and perform heavy lifting.
- Extended shift hours in changing weather conditions
- Noisy and dusty environments on dynamic terrains
- Busy job environment with multiple trades working together
- Elevated work platforms and cramped spaces frequently alternating between standing and
- Personal Protective Equipment will be required (e.g., steel-toed safety boots, safety
- Construction jobs may require workers to be in good physical condition with an ability to work
Experience, qualifications, and certifications that are considered an asset:
- Red Seal, or Journeyperson in Welding considered an asset.
- Must have Welding Certificate and CWB Certification
- Fall Protection, Ariel Work Platform, Confined Space Entry considered an asset.
- Metal Fabrication Certificate, Rigging Certificate and Inspection Test Certificate considered an
- Experience in structural welding considered an asset
- Experience in welding heavy equipment considered an asset.
- Experience working in heavy civil construction or road building considered an asset
- Must have good communication and interpersonal skills
- Have an understanding and the ability to follow safe work procedures.
- Site Ready BC including WHMIS (details will be provided by BCIB upon employment)
Create a Profile with BCIB To apply for work opportunities with BCIB, start by creating an online profile. Once you apply and are accepted into our database, we’ll contact you when an appropriate position becomes available. When you join BCIB, you’re joining a community of skilled British Columbians who work on some of the most interesting projects in the province. Go to www.bcib.ca and click “Apply Now.” If you’ve already created a profile, hit “Already applied?” If you have any trouble accessing your profile, please email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can help.
Skills Development BCIB works with various support organizations to bridge skill gaps among workers with different levels of experience. If there are skilled trades training opportunities which match your profile, we will contact you.
Please reference “mytrades.ca” when applying for this position.