Career Level General Labour
Experience Entry Level
Posting ID BLISS01661
The Bliss Machine Operator Trainee is responsible for supplying boxes to the production line. It is the operator’s responsibility to ensure that the correct paper is used and that he/she makes the correct number of boxes for the production needs. All duties must be performed in a safe manner to ensure compliance with government regulations, industry standards and customer requirements to ensure both food and workers safety.
- Adhere to all WSBC regulations and Cooperative safety procedures, including but not limited to:
- First Aid Procedures
- WHMIS Regulations
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Lockout Procedures
- Adhere to all pertinent Food Safe procedures as required and detailed under the Food Safety program and your training.
- Other duties as assigned by Management within the context of:
- Safe and efficient operation of Bliss and/or Trayform machines, as well as portable taper, including troubleshooting, loading and unloading.
- Inspect paper supplies for defective product.
- Daily servicing, cleanup and lubricating of equipment.
- Maintain inventory levels at the bliss station.
- Load RPCs onto conveyor.
- Perform minor mechanical adjustments.
- May be required to work overtime at the start or end of shifts.
- Report any malfunctions of the equipment.
- Working closely with maintenance and supervisors.
- Will be required to cross-train in all locations within this specific classification.
- Any other duties assigned within the nature of the job.
- Be willing to submit to periodic proficiency testing as Management deems necessary.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with fellow employees and Management.
- Be able to work with or without direct supervision, individually or part of a team.
- Well organized with the ability to maintain and keep clear, accurate, and detailed records with legible hand writing.
- Proven diligence in following all WSBC and Cooperative work safe policies and procedures.
- Be physically capable to perform all duties as required, including heavy labour and sustained strenuous physical activity.
- Must be reliable and maintain above average attendance.
- Must be able to perform tasks to the required standards.
- Able to work all shifts, including afternoons, evenings and weekends, 8 hour or 10 hour shifts, as required.
- Be comfortable working with and around machinery in a team environment.
- Must have successfully completed the probationary period.
Job duties may vary based on location and layout of facility and are subject to revision with notice.
Please reference mytrades.ca in your application to this job posting!