Career Level Post Secondary Education
Experience 5-7 Years
Posting ID AUTOM008862
No. of Openings 1
Relocation Allowance Yes
West Fraser is a leading forest products company in North America. Recognized for the ninth time as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, we continue to grow. Our goals are straightforward – excellence in people, responsibility in communities in which we live, challenge, and growth.
Our Hinton Pulp Division is seeking an individual to fill the following position:
The role of the Automation Specialist is to combine practical troubleshooting skills, programming skills, and a basic understanding of the pulping process to maintain and improve mill operations. The ideal candidate has electrical or instrumentation experience in an industrial environment, with a working knowledge of DCS, PLC, and networking.
- Provide troubleshooting assistance to the Electrical and Instrumentation team
- DCS and PLC configuration/programming
- Industrial network infrastructure maintenance and planning
- Control hardware obsolescence planning and upgrades
- Server, historian and data visualization maintenance and upgrades
- Process control tuning and optimization
The ideal candidate will have:
- A related trade, technologist, or engineering certification
- Five years’ experience in industrial automation
- DeltaV, Schneider, Allen Bradley experience
- Knowledge of industrial communications protocols (Modbus, Control Net, OPC, serial, ethernet, fibre optic)
We are located in Hinton, Alberta, 20 minutes east of Jasper National Park, and 2½ hours west of Edmonton. Hinton, set amidst the stunning scenery of the Alberta Rockies, is a modern community of 10,000 offering terrific lifestyles for individuals and families.
Our region is an outdoor enthusiast’s paradise, with exciting activities from skiing, snowmobiling, camping, hiking, fishing, hunting, and ATV’s. Hinton features a full-service acute care hospital, major retail and restaurant chains, theatre, community parks and pools, educational institutions for pre-school through post-secondary. To learn more, visit the Town of Hinton Web site: www.hinton.ca.
Our highly competitive compensation package includes:
- Competitive base salary with annual bonus opportunity
- Outstanding benefits package including medical, dental, pension, life insurance, disability, accident insurance, vacation, and holidays
About West Fraser:
West Fraser is a leading forest products company. We are listed on the TSX, NYSE, and recognized for the eighth time, as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers. Our goals are straightforward – leadership through safety, profit, responsibility in communities, excellence in people and strength in products.
West Fraser Timber has over 60 locations across Canada, the United States, and Europe. We believe strongly in promoting from within and pride ourselves on providing a challenging environment with continuous development. The successful candidate should be interested in future growth opportunities within the company. West Fraser offers an excellent compensation package including a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and an outstanding pension plan.
West Fraser believes inclusive, diverse teams build a more vibrant workforce, safer operations, and a stronger company overall. We strive to create workplaces and leadership teams that are reflective of the diverse communities we are a part of. We will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, gender, national origin or any other protected legal characteristic.
Apply now at www.westfraser.com/jobs and discover more about our current opportunities!
Internal Applicants click here: https://t11.ultipro.ca
Leadership through safety, profit, responsibility in communities, excellence in people and strength in productivity.
Please reference “mytrades.ca” in your application to this job posting!