Career Level Certification
Experience 2-5 Years
Domtar Inc., Dryden Operations, is currently seeking an Assistant Superintendent to become part of our Power & Recovery team. A progressive community set between Winnipeg and Thunder Bay, Dryden offers excellent camping, fishing and outdoor activities.
Reporting to the Power and Recovery Superintendent, your key job functions include:
- Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the Steam Plant Area including all mill utilities such as air, water, steam and electricity.
- Assist in the Recovery Area including one black liquor recovery boiler along with a black liquor evaporating system and associated auxiliary equipment as required.
- Provide effective leadership for Shift Engineers and operating crews by establishing and managing systems to track operating centerlines and targets; coordinate and prioritize maintenance requirements for shut downs and daily work; establish and communicate effectively Standard Operating Procedures and ensure operator training requirements are met.
- Minimum 2nd Class Operating Engineer’s certificate valid in the province of Ontario.
- Five (5) years minimum experience with steam plant operation and kraft recovery process
- Ability to lead safety improvements through personal commitment and procedures.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and experience leading a team to achieve meaningful results.
- Strong interpersonal skills with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness to study and write 1st class exams towards acquiring an Ontario Operating Engineer 1st class certificate.
If you are interested in an opportunity to work with an organization that is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a full range of employee benefits and a competitive wage package, consider joining our Team. Please apply online by following the link below and attach your cover letter, resume and standardized Operating Engineer Certificate.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please reference “mytrades.ca” in your application to this job posting!