Career Level Management
Experience Previous Experience
No. of Openings 1
With three decades of award-winning custom home building in British Columbia, our story is practically novel-worthy. Yet it is a story that our Okanagan construction team enjoys sharing on a personal level.
With years of experience in participating in some of the Okanagan Valley’s most prestigious real estate, our valued employees contribute significantly to our enviable reputation in this competitive industry.
Rykon Construction Management Ltd. is currently seeking a Assistant Construction Manager to join our team.
Site Related Responsibilities
- Accountable to Construction Manager (C.M.)
- Decisions & direction of trades deferred to C.M.
- Continual communication w/ C.M.
- Eyes & ears of the C.M. (ie: safety issues, quality control & trouble shooting)
- Able to multi-task
- Able to prioritize tasks
- Able to give direction to labourers
- Ensure labourers & carpenters log time and description of work / lot
- Make sure safety meeting are held bi-weekly with minutes logged
- Deficiencies / diligent to ensure deficiency lists are executed in a timely fashion
- Take offs / lumber, concrete, window trim, etc.
- Order materials to construct homes with C.M. direction
- Assisting in scheduling & prebooking trades under the direction of the C.M.
- Phone call follow up with schedules
- Start time same as C.M.
- Know all design details
- Continually prompt C.M. for the execution of spec / detail on each home
- Ensure Trade List is current
- Follow up changes with Change Orders
- Follow up for the return of rental items
Please specify in your application to this posting the position you are applying for. Please reference “mytrades.ca” in your application to this job posting!