Career Level Certification
Experience 2-5 Years
No. of Openings 1
Copper Mountain Mine is a large-scale open pit copper mine located in south central British Columbia. The mine has evolved into a mature and highly efficient operation with a long term mine plan and significant opportunity for mine life extension. If you like to work with people in a working environment to deliver results, and you enjoy an active outdoor lifestyle with easy access to city life, this could be your opportunity.
Reporting to the Assay Supervisor, the Assay Technician will be responsible for conducting metal
analysis and sample prep.
- Prepare and carry out samples prep procedures in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Assist with processing of ore samples and to determine grade, value, and mineral properties
- Identify and record any abnormal observations in the process, reporting them to the supervisor
- Ensure that work order documentation is completed accurately and in a timely manner
- Ensure that equipment is maintained in good order, reporting of any issues or any equipment requiring maintenance or repair to the supervisor
- Practice good housekeeping and maintain a clean and tidy work area
- A diploma in Assaying, a degree in Chemistry or a relatable chemistry based field.
- BC Assayer Certification is desired.
- Ability to work safely with minimum supervision, and strong communication skills
- Previous +2 years’ experience working in an analytical laboratory preparing bulk samples and using equipment such as Leco, AA, XRF instrumentation, and wet chemistry
- Effective organizational, time management and analytical skills
- Strong computer skills, including database management experience
- Strong computer skills to include data processing and data base management
- Familiar with laboratory information management system (LIMS) and excel
Pay and Benefits
Copper Mountain Mine offers a competitive wage, a comprehensive benefit package including RRSP
This is a shift based position working 7×7, days only. There is no camp provision at Copper Mountain Mine.
All qualified persons are invited to apply; applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
You will be required to participate in a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and a medical.
Send resume outlining related qualifications to email@example.com (in either word or pdf format).
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only
candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary
disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Copper Mountain Mine respects the
privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Please reference “mytrades.ca” when applying for this position.