Career Level Apprentice
Experience 1- 3 Years
No. of Openings 1
Strike is looking for 1st, 2nd year apprentice welders with relevant experience in pipe fabrication and rigging/hoisting. Our Welders take pride in their trade and see that Strike’s high standards of safety and quality are always met.
Employees are expected to support and participate in a “culture of safety”, and adhere to and be ambassadors of Strike’s Code of Conduct and Values, and to treat others with dignity, respect and fairness.
- Crossfield fabrication shop and mod yard
- No subsistence
- Performs any combination of following duties to assist welders with fitting and welding activities
- Gather pipe and fittings for welders and fitters for carbon and stainless fabrication
- Clean and prep pipe and fittings for fitting and welding
- Rig and hoist completed pipe spools for loading
- Record and track heat numbers on pipe and fittings for Quality Control
- Cut and prep pipe for fitting
- Registered with the appropriate apprenticeship board as a Welding Apprentice
- Must successfully complete pre-employment drug and alcohol test
- WHIMIS CSTS, Fall Protection an asset
- Strike orientation provided
Who we are
Strike Group is a Canadian company with 15 locations in Alberta, Saskatchewan, British Columbia and Manitoba. Strike Group has been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies since 2007, and in 2013 was awarded Contractor of the Year by Alberta Venture.
At Strike we demonstrate leadership, drive, creativity and initiative and reward people for their commitment, energy, enthusiasm and results. We treat others as we wish to be treated and, most importantly, ensure that every employee goes home safe.
Why work for us
Strike encourages and supports professional development through education and mentorship. We offer comprehensive benefits, competitive wages, and opportunities for career growth. We support the communities where we live and the Strike team that makes those communities thrive.
Please reference “mytrades.ca” when applying for this position.