Career Level First Year Apprentice
Experience 1- 3 Years
Posting ID 1914
No. of Openings 1
Training Provided Yes
DRIVE YOUR CAREER WITH INLAND
Inland Truck & Equipment is an industry-leader in the heavy-duty truck & equipment sales, service and parts marketplace. As a rapidly growing company with over 1500 employees across 35 branches in North America, Inland offers exciting employment opportunities that can help you drive your future!
This position is located at our sales and service dealership in Vernon, BC.
The Apprentice Truck & Transport Technician will be responsible for repairing and maintaining diesel engine industrial trucks according to dealership and factory specifications under the supervision of a qualified Truck & Transport Technician. Additionally, you will also fulfil the education and training requirements of the apprenticeship.
- Perform work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
- Communicate with parts department to obtain needed parts.
- Save and tag parts of the job if under warranty or if requested by the customer.
- Examine assigned vehicle to determine if further safety or service work is required or recommended.
- Documenting all work performed and recommended on the repair order.
- Road tests vehicles when required.
- Participate in manufacturer sponsored training programs, schools, and events.
- Understand, keep abreast of, and comply with federal, provincial/state and local regulations, such as hazardous waste disposal, occupational health & safety regulations, etc.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- Must have at least one year of the apprenticeship foundations training from a qualified trades diploma program
- Be willing to attend Apprenticeship Training (travel may be required) each year while working towards the Truck & Transport Technician Certificate.
- Working towards Licensed Truck & Transport Technician certification.
- Willing to become CVIP certified after reaching journeyperson status
- Valid Driver’s Licence required, Class 3 with Airbrake Endorsement or Class 1 (to test drive truck & trailer) would be an asset
- Ability to proactively problem-solve and think logically
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Computer skills and experience preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Strong organizational skills, detail-oriented with ability to multi-task
- Accountability and dependability with great time management
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds, must be able to walk around shop floor and exterior yard area (long periods standing / walking), requires mobility to easily access and egress trucks and equipment.
CANADA BENEFIT PACKAGE
Our employees receive a generous benefits package including:
- Extended Medical (including Vision)
- Prescription benefits
- RRSP with employer matching program
- Long Term and Short Term Disability
- Life Insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- On-going training opportunities
If you are looking for an opportunity to become a part of a dynamic team of professionals, we invite you to apply today!
Please reference “mytrades.ca” in your application to this job posting!