Career Level Apprentice
Experience 1- 3 Years
No. of Openings 1
- Turnaround project (May 2022)
- Location will be based in Grande Prairie, Alberta
- Living out allowance is offered to non-local candidates.
- Local candidates to GP and surrounding areas are considered an asset
- Ability to commute to and from the job site as required
- Shift schedule: 24 days on 4 days off (12-hour days)
- Read and interpret red-line construction drawings and blueprints (Isometrics, P&ID’s, etc.)
- Assist journeyman pipefitters with the installation of equipment, pipe and structural steel onsite
- Assemble piping and valves in module and compressor package
- Prepare pipe and fittings for tacking, hoisting, and rigging
- Hydrotest, assemble and install pipe spools in the fabrication facility
- Measure, cut, and thread pipe to required shape
- Install supports, valves, piping and control systems
- Remove and replace worn components and reactivate system
- Registered with the appropriate apprenticeship board as an apprentice pipefitter (considered an asset but not required)
- Previous experience working as an apprentice in the oilfield industry
- Previous construction experience
- Must successfully complete pre-employment drug and alcohol testing
- Standard First Aid, H2S, Common Safety Orientation (CSO), Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG), WHIMIS, Gas Detection, Bear Awareness
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and stand for long periods of time
- Capable of working with small tools
- Capable of working as part of a team
- Fluent in speaking and reading English
- Must be able to follow directions
- Previous experience and ticket operating bobcats, skid steer, or zoom boom considered an asset
- Fall protection, gas monitor training, confined space, AWP trading tickets considered an asset
Who we are
Strike Group is a Canadian company with various locations in Alberta, Saskatchewan, British Columbia and Manitoba. Strike Group has been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies since 2007, and in 2013 was awarded Contractor of the Year by Alberta Venture.
At Strike we demonstrate leadership, drive, creativity and initiative and reward people for their commitment, energy, enthusiasm and results. We treat others as we wish to be treated and, most importantly, ensure that every employee goes home safe.
Why work for us
Strike encourages and supports professional development through education and mentorship. We offer comprehensive benefits, competitive wages, and opportunities for career growth. We support the communities where we live and the Strike team that makes those communities thrive.
Please reference “mytrades.ca” when applying for this position.