Career Level Apprentice
Experience 1- 3 Years
No. of Openings 1
- Crossfield fabrication shop and mod yard
- Read and interpret red-line construction drawings and blueprints (Isometrics, P&ID’s, ACORN DRAWINGS etc.)
- Assist journeyman pipefitters with the installation of equipment, pipe spools, valves and structural steel onsite
- Prepare pipe and fittings for tacking, hoisting, and rigging
- Hydrotest, assemble and install pipe spools in the fabrication facility and mod yard
- Measure, cut, and thread carbon and stainless pipe from acorn drawings
- Registered with the appropriate apprenticeship board as an apprentice pipefitter
- Previous experience working as an apprentice in OILFIELD AND PLANT CONSTRUCTION OR MAINTENANCE
- Previous construction experience
- WHIMIS, CSTS, fall protection
- Strike orientation provided
- Must successfully complete pre-employment drug and alcohol testing
- Ability to lift to 50 pounds and stand for long periods of time
- Capable of working as part of a team
- Fluent in speaking and reading English
- Must be able to follow directions
Who we are
Strike Group is a Canadian company with various locations in Alberta, Saskatchewan, British Columbia and Manitoba. Strike Group has been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies since 2007, and in 2013 was awarded Contractor of the Year by Alberta Venture.
At Strike we demonstrate leadership, drive, creativity and initiative and reward people for their commitment, energy, enthusiasm and results. We treat others as we wish to be treated and, most importantly, ensure that every employee goes home safe.
Why work for us
Strike encourages and supports professional development through education and mentorship. We offer comprehensive benefits, competitive wages, and opportunities for career growth. We support the communities where we live and the Strike team that makes those communities thrive.
Please reference “mytrades.ca” when applying for this position.