Career Level Apprentice
Experience 1- 3 Years
No. of Openings 1
Apprentice Millwright – (Redwater, Alberta, Canada)
At Nutrien, our Purpose is to grow our world from the ground up and we do so with safety and integrity as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day.
Nutrien is a leading provider of agricultural products, services, and solutions. With approximately 23,000 employees world-wide, we are the largest producer of potash (by capacity) and one of the world’s largest producers of nitrogen and phosphate. We also operate a leading agriculture retail network that services over 500,000 growers.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, who are innovators in search of a better way, and who believe in inclusion.
Working at Nutrien will provide you an opportunity to help us Feed the Future, and grow your career.
Apprentice Millwright – (Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta, Canada / Redwater, Alberta, Canada)
Reporting to the Millwright Supervisor, the Millwright Apprentice under the supervision of a certified journeyperson millwright, is accountable for the general mechanical installation, maintenance, and repair of equipment assets in a safe, timely, cost effective and efficient manner.
Millwrights install, maintain, repair, and troubleshoot rotating and stationary industrial machinery and mechanical equipment.
This position will be based one of our Nutrien Nitrogen Operations in Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta, Canada or Redwater, Alberta, Canada and is not available for remote work.
What you will do:
- Perform preventative and corrective maintenance on industrial equipment in a production environment, including single and multi-stage pumps, steam turbines, compressors, bulk handling and conveying systems. Work may include lubrication tasks, vibration analysis, rigging and laser alignments under the guidance of a Journeyperson Millwright
- Troubleshoot process, hydraulic and mechanical systems under the guidance of a Journeyperson Millwright
- Read and interpret blueprints, mechanical diagrams, schematics, P&IDs and architectural drawings, utilize SAP for daily maintenance activities under the guidance of a Journeyperson Millwright
- Ensure safety and housekeeping standards and maintenance procedures are followed and updated accordingly, identifying opportunities for improvement under the guidance of a Journeyperson Millwright
- Maintain equipment history and documentation identifying opportunities for improvement under the guidance of a Journeyperson Millwright
What you will bring:
- High School Diploma
- Completion of 1st year Millwright Apprenticeship school and hours
- One year of experience in and industrial setting
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and interactive team skills
- Excellent mechanical aptitude
- Working knowledge of MS office software
Are you a good match? Apply today!
Nutrien is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
This job will remain posted until filled. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Please reference “mytrades.ca” when applying for this position.