Career Level Apprentice
Experience Previous Experience
No. of Openings 1
Strike is requiring 2nd and 3rd year apprentice iron workers for modular construction in Crossfield Alberta. Employees are expected to support and participate in a “culture of safety” and adhere to and be ambassadors of Strike’s Code of Conduct and Values, and to treat others with dignity, respect and fairness.
POSITION LOCATION/ DETAILS
- Crossfield fabrication shop and mod yard
- No subsistence provided
- Read and interpret red-line construction drawings and blueprints
- Assist journeyman with the installation of equipment, pipe spools, valves and structural steel onsite
- Hoist and assemble modules
- Registered with the appropriate apprenticeship board as an apprentice iron worker
- Previous experience working as an apprentice in OILFIELD AND PLANT CONSTRUCTION OR MAINTENANCE
- Previous construction experience
- WHIMIS, CSTS, fall protection
- Strike orientation provided
- Must successfully complete pre-employment drug and alcohol testing
- Ability to lift to 50 pounds and stand for long periods of time
- Capable of working as part of a team
- Fluent in speaking and reading English
- Must be able to follow directions
Who we are
Strike Group is a Canadian company with 15 locations in Alberta, Saskatchewan, British Columbia and Manitoba. Strike Group has been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies since 2007, and in 2013 was awarded Contractor of the Year by Alberta Venture.
At Strike we demonstrate leadership, drive, creativity and initiative and reward people for their commitment, energy, enthusiasm and results. We treat others as we wish to be treated and, most importantly, ensure that every employee goes home safe.
Why work for us
Strike encourages and supports professional development through education and mentorship. We offer comprehensive benefits, competitive wages, and opportunities for career growth. We support the communities where we live and the Strike team that makes those communities thrive.
Please reference “mytrades.ca” when applying for this position.