Career Level Apprentice
Experience Previous Experience
Posting ID 24197
No. of Openings 1
Komatsu is an indispensable partner to the construction, mining, industrial and forestry industries that maximizes value for customers through innovative solutions. With a full line of products supported by our advanced IoT technologies, regional distribution channels and a global service network, we help customers safely and sustainably optimize their operations. Our Komatsu, P&H, Joy, Montabert, Modular Mining Systems, Hensley Industries, NTC and Gigaphoton equipment and services are used to extract fundamental minerals and develop modern infrastructure.
Komatsu Mining brings advanced equipment, systems and direct services to the global mining industry. With its focus solely on mining, Komatsu Mining designs, manufactures, distributes and services extensive product lines of highly reliable P&H surface mining equipment and JOY underground mining machinery used to cut, crush, load and convey coal and industrial minerals worldwide. Customers receive a superior experience through direct relationships with Komatsu Mining’s support people, and through its services located close to the mines. Komatsu Mining’s products and related services are used extensively for the mining of coal, copper, iron, gold and other mineral resources and the company employs 14,000 people worldwide.
Komatsu Mining is continuously working to make mining operations safer and more productive. With Komatsu Mining’s innovative equipment and life-cycle services, mine operators are able to consistently achieve the lowest cost per unit of production over the life of the equipment.
Komatsu Mining Corp. offers rewarding experiences and unique opportunities for growth:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package (dental, prescription drug, health spending account, paramedical, medical, vision)
- Registered Pension Plan
- Paid Vacation
- Company supplied tools
- Ability to be a part of an exciting innovative company developing new state of the art technology and equipment
We are currently looking to add a HVAC Technician Apprentice to our Sparwood, BC branch.
Reports to: Technical Service Supervisor, HVAC
Shift: 7×7, 12 hour shifts
Location: Sparwood, British Columbia
Relocation: This position does not offer relocation
- Perform HVAC unit installations on mobile mining equipment including haul trucks,
- electric shovels, hydraulic shovels, drills, front end loaders, etc.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on HVAC units on mobile mining equipment
- Troubleshoot issues on Mine Air units in the field
- Troubleshoot and repair stationary HVAC units.
- Troubleshoot and repair shovel air compressors.
- Assist customers in choosing appropriate HVAC units for their equipment
- Identify and follow up on new sales opportunities when appropriate
- Up to 10% travel domestically and internationally will be required. Primarily US and Canada.
- Other duties, as assigned
Skills & Requirements
- Mechanical or electrical experience would be considered an asset
- Highly motivated, detail oriented self-starter who is able to work independently
- Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to travel and be away from home for extended periods of time.
- Experience in the mining industry would be considered an asset
- Must have a strong safety focus
Komatsu Mining offers an excellent benefit package. We are an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest however, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
No agency or candidate phone calls please.
Komatsu Mining Corporation welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.