Career Level First Year Apprentice
Experience 1- 3 Years
Posting ID 1887
No. of Openings 1
Training Provided Yes
DRIVE YOUR CAREER WITH INLAND
Inland Truck & Equipment is an industry-leader in the heavy-duty truck & equipment sales, service and parts marketplace. As a rapidly growing company with over 1500 employees across 35 branches in North America, Inland offers exciting employment opportunities that can help you drive your future!
This position is located at our sales and service dealership in Nanaimo, BC.
The Apprentice Heavy Duty Equipment Technician will be responsible for repairing and maintaining equipment powered by internal combustion engines or electricity according to dealership and factory specifications under the supervision of a qualified Heavy Duty Equipment Technician, while also fulfilling the education and training requirements of the apprenticeship.
- Performs work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
- Analyzes customers’ equipment/truck performance complaints, diagnoses cause of any malfunctions, and performs repair.
- Communicates with parts department to obtain needed parts.
- Saves and tags parts of the job if under warranty or if requested by the customer.
- Examines assigned vehicle to determine if further safety or service work is required or recommended.
- Communicates with service advisor/shop foreman or lead hand, immediately, if additional work is needed, if work outlined is not needed, or if repairs cannot be completed within the promised time.
- Documents all work performed and recommended on the repair order.
- Tests equipment when required.
- Participates in manufacturer sponsored training programs, schools, and events.
- Keeps abreast of manufacturer technical bulletins.
- Reports common machinery and tool defects or malfunctions to supervisor
- Ensures that the customers’ vehicles are kept clean. Notifies service advisor/dispatcher immediately of anything that has happened to change the appearance or condition of the vehicle.
- Keeps shop area neat and clean after each repair. Returns all common tools that were used in the repair to their designated storage place.
- Maintains and is accountable for all dealership-owned tools, manuals, and computer diagnostic equipment. Returns them to the proper place and in the same condition as when they were received.
- Operates all tools and equipment in a safe manner.
- Becomes familiar with and complies with the company’s Health & Safety Manual.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- Must have at least one year of the apprenticeship foundations training from a qualified trades diploma program
- Must be willing to attend Apprenticeship Training (travel may be required) each year, while working towards the Heavy-Duty Equipment Technician Certificate.
- Ability to proactively problem-solve and think logically
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to work in harmony with others
- Computer skills and experience
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 kgs or 50 pounds.
- Must be able to walk around body shop floor and exterior yard area (long periods standing / walking).
- Must have the mobility to easily access and egress trucks and equipment.
- Must be willing and able to work various shifts, possibly including weekends.
- Must be willing and able to work overtime when required.
CANADA BENEFIT PACKAGE
Our employees receive a generous benefits package including:
- Extended Medical (including Vision)
- Prescription benefits
- RRSP with employer matching program
- Long Term and Short Term Disability
- Life Insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- On-going training opportunities
Please reference “mytrades.ca” in your application to this job posting!