Career Level Apprentice
Experience Previous Experience
Posting ID R13072
No. of Openings 1
Union/Non Union Position
You are an Apprentice 2nd or 3rd Year Heavy Equipment Mechanic with experience to support us on industrial oil & gas projects. You will be an integral part of the Ledcor team working on the CBR Cogen project. This is a three-year project that includes replacement of three coke fired boilers with two 400 MegaWatt cogen units. The project is conveniently located right outside of Fort McMurray at Suncor Base Plant.
Apply now and join the Ledcor team in Fort McMurray!
- Assist with the safe & cost-effective maintenance of heavy mobile equipment
- Provide support to PM Mechanics and Maintenance technicians
- Perform diagnostics and repairs on various Cat, Komatsu & Hitachi Equipment
- Conduct pre-trip/walk-around safety inspections and completes daily field level hazard assessments for all activities under the guidance of a Journeyperson
- Assist with maintenance reporting and other documentation as required
- Communicate effectively and professionally with other team members
- Ensuring compliance with all company, client, and legislated safety policies and procedures
- Previous experience on an industrial / Heavy civil project is an asset
- Registered 2nd or 3rd apprentice from a recognized training authority
- Must have demonstrated ability to follow instructions
- Must successfully complete pre-access drug and alcohol testing
- Must possess valid OSSA ROP with CSTS-09 / 2020, CSO or BSO
- Project is located in the Fort McMurray AB
- Project commenced in July 2021; this is a role with long term potential
- 14 days on /7 days off schedule, working 10 hours per day
- Site based camp provided
- Charter flights from either Edmonton or Calgary
- Flights booked from your local airport to the chartered locations
- Plus an additional allowance for all employees
- Driving to Fort McMurray is an option as there is camp parking available
- Benefits provided by CLAC
Ledcor Industrial offers an integrated range of services from construction, engineering, and maintenance to pipe fabrication and module assembly. We offer turnkey solutions to our oil and gas clients and have built some of the continent’s largest oil and gas projects.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
View our full Inclusion & Diversity statement here.
Please reference “mytrades.ca” in your application to this job posting!