Career Level Apprentice
Experience Previous Experience
Posting ID 044843
No. of Openings 1
At PCL, we build the places where life happens and find camaraderie in the process. We’re a community of builders committed to building better communities. That’s why we’re always looking ahead, and not just to the next project or what’s next in our industry.
We’re also looking at what’s next for you and we can help you build a career you’re proud of.
We are seeking experienced Carpenter Apprentices located in Calgary and Southern Alberta.
To apply for this position, please email your resume to email@example.com
As a Carpenter Apprentice for our Calgary District, you will contribute to our team by:
- Assisting with the construction, erection and installation of wood and engineered formwork systems for columns, walls, suspended slabs, slab on grade and concrete stairs
- Building hoardings and temporary shelters
- Performing rough framing, and installation of backing and sheet materials
- Installing interior commercial finishing products, wall paneling, railings, bump protections etc.
- Completing task hazard assessments and maintain a safe work environment
- Performing general labour duties and clean up as required
- Working with or near chemicals, cranes and moving equipment
What you will bring to the role:
- A registered Carpenter Apprentice under Alberta Apprenticeship
- Previous work experience in rough carpentry, forming and framing
- Good health and physically fit
- Able to work at heights and balance on platforms, scaffolds and decks
- Able to work as part of a team
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge in trade related math and basic survey and layout
- Hardworking and able to readily accept and apply direction from supervisor
- Hand and finger dexterity for reaching, handling and feeling while working
PCL is an innovative, safety-oriented company comprised of people who find passion in their profession and take pride in doing great work everyday. Our work powers the infrastructure and utilities that are essential to daily life and our projects are the scene of vacations, careers, education and healing. We are consistently ranked among the best companies to work for because we are committed to supporting and developing our teams.
The PCL Companies celebrate diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to an inclusive environment for all employees and applicants an will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability or veteran status.
Should you require an accommodation during the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the position and location you are interested in.
Together, we can build success and a better future. Let’s get started!