Career Level Apprentice
Experience Previous Experience
Posting ID 1307
No. of Openings 1
Rate $20.88 To $31.04 Hourly
Training Provided Yes
We’re all about the craft.
KF Aerospace is proud to deliver innovative aircraft solutions for corporate, commercial and military customers worldwide. Launched 52 years ago out of Canada’s Okanagan Valley, KF has grown to specialize in a wide range of aviation services including maintenance and modifications, air cargo operations, military pilot training and aircraft leasing. With facilities across Canada, KF is home to a nearly 1000 strong, highly skilled workforce. Our passion for our craft fuels every project we touch.
The AME Apprentice assists on line and shop maintenance in a safe and efficient manner. The AME Apprentice is a learning role and is responsible to learn through action in the following key areas:
At KF Aerospace, safe working practices are our first priority. Our Apprentices learn how to understand and apply our Risk Management system in everyday situations, to minimize risk. Apprentices are required to apply safe work practices, such as using their personal protective equipment, and adhering to all safe handling practices.
Apprentices at KF Aerospace are required to ensure that appropriate documentation is complete for their work and is being correctly submitted for approval. They are responsible for sourcing required technical information in maintenance manuals.
- The Apprentice role is a learning position, and we are looking for candidates who are eager to learn. Our ideal candidate will be cooperative, and able to communicate positively. They will also take responsibility for the quality of their own work and engage in basic troubleshooting on assigned tasks. They will learn a thorough understanding of systems – air conditioning, hydraulics, engines, flight controls, landing gear, avionics, electrical generation, oxygen, fuel, pneumatics – on multiple aircraft.
Demonstrated Technical Skills:
The AME Apprentice is expected to be able to demonstrate their capability to use and test all standard tools, complete basic inspection tasks, and layout a basic SRM repair with minimal assistance. Apprentices should have a full understanding of basic aircraft manuals and be capable of safely operating ground equipment (EOC).
- Completion of Transport Canada approved AME-M course
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Able to work effectively independently and in a team environment
- Able to take direction from others
- Quick learner
- Must be physically fit
- Ability to travel, as required
- Must be able to work shiftwork
HOURS OF WORK
Apprentices must be open to working a flexible schedule, with shifts including days, afternoons, weekends and occasional graveyards. All rotations are guaranteed 80 hours per two weeks.
Beyond a competitive salary, and the chance to be at the center of a vibrant international travel hub, we offer you:
- Comprehensive Medical and Dental Coverage
- A Health Spending Account
- Disability, Critical Illness and Life Insurance
- An Employee & Family Assistance Program
- An Employee Pension
- Jump seat travel available on company aircraft
- Annual company profit sharing program
- Personal Time Off and much more
LAUNCH YOUR CAREER
As an AME Apprentice with KF Aerospace you can start a rewarding career with a team of people who are passionate about their craft. The position starts at $20.88 with bi-annual performance and wage reviews. An employee can increase their wage up to $27.10 as an Apprentice before obtaining their Transport Canada License. After obtaining your License, your salary will increase to $31.04 with annual performance and wage reviews. There is also room to grow into Senior and Shift Lead roles. You are also eligible to receive $2/hour endorsement pay once an ACA is issued.
Please reference “mytrades.ca” when applying for this position.