Career Level Certification
Experience 2-5 Years
No. of Openings 1+
Opportunities for Welders of ALL levels to Join our Growing Team
Competitive Wage + Signing Bonus of $500 + Shift Premium + Much More
Whether you are looking to start your welding career or have extensive experience and are looking for a change, we’ve got roles for everyone!
Northside Industries (NSI), an industry leader in the manufacturing and assembly of a variety of steel and aluminum fabrications for the Oil and Gas, Forestry, Heavy Duty Truck, and Mining sectors, is looking for multiple permanent, full-time welders to join our team in West Kelowna, BC.
Opportunities are available on all shifts:
Day shift: 6:00 AM to 2:30 PM Monday to Friday
Afternoon shift: 2:30 PM to 11:00 PM Monday to Friday
Evening shift: 10:00 PM to 6:00 AM Sunday to Thursday
- GTAW/GMAW Welding of a variety of Aluminum products in a safe and efficient manner
- Following both customer and internal prints to ensure parts meet quality expectations
- Welder setup for differing material thicknesses and weld-callouts
- Safe and efficient use of supportive tools such as grinders, jigs/fixtures etc.
- Interpret weld prints to ensure parts meet all dimensional requirements
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience carrying out Aluminum GTAW/GMAW welding on a production line is preferred
- Proven skills to interpret and understand technical drawings including tolerances
- Experience using hand tools.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to think critically and problem solve.
- Ability to work in a safe, responsible, and efficient manner.
- High attention to detail
- Proven team player
- Strong work ethic
- Familiar with testing and measuring equipment.
- Level C certification is an asset. Current CWB tickets are an asset.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive wages reviewed after completion of probationary period and annually.
- Steady full-time employment.
- Employee Share Purchase Program.
- Extended Healthcare.
- On site parking.
- Overtime pay.
- RRSP matching.
- Annual Safety allowance.
- Initial safety loan forgivable after probation.
- Signing bonus (limited time offer).
- Afternoon and Evening Shift premiums.
- Training and development opportunities.
- Weekends off.
- And much more.
NSI provides competitive compensation packages, benefits, and career advancement opportunities. NSI holds quality and welding certification through ISO 9001:2015 and CWB respectively.
NSI also offers a signing bonus of $500 upon successful completion of the 90-day probation period.
How to Apply:
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please quote “mytrades.ca” in your response to this posting.