Career Level High School or Equivalent
Experience Previous Experience
Posting ID 1308
No. of Openings 1
Training Provided Yes
We’re all about the craft
KF Aerospace is proud to deliver innovative aircraft services for corporate, commercial and military customers worldwide. Launched in 1970 out of British Columbia’s beautiful Okanagan Valley, KF has grown to specialize in a wide range of aviation services including maintenance and modifications, cargo operations, military pilot training and aircraft leasing. With facilities across Canada, KF is home to a 900+ strong, highly skilled workforce. Our passion for our craft fuels every project we touch.
Do you enjoy fixing things like cars and bikes, or working on home renovations? The Aircraft Services Technician (AST) position is ideally suited to someone who shows strong mechanical aptitude. This hands-on role is responsible for the removal, inspection and repair of aircraft interior components including seats, trims, carpet, sound proofing, lighting, cabinetry, galleys and bins.
The position is an opportunity to start a career in the aviation industry, without any formal education required. The role is subject to a 3-year on-the-job training program allowing you to work towards becoming a Certified Aircraft Interior Technician, recognized by the Canadian Council of Aviation and Aerospace (CCAA).
REQUIRED CERTIFICATION, EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE or SKILLS
• Completion of High School
• Must be physically fit and able to work from heights
• Capable of climbing ladders and stairs, working in small spaces and lifting parts up to 50 lbs
• Responsible for full aircraft washing which requires working with chemicals, degreasers, respirators and latex gloves (KF Aerospace provides all personal protective equipment)
• Ability to work and communicate well with a team
• A valid Driver’s license
• Prior customer service experience is preferred
• Previous operating ground equipment experience is considered an asset
HOURS OF WORK
• Must be open to working a flexible schedule
• Shift work including days, afternoons, weekends and occasional graveyards
• All rotations are guaranteed 80 hours per two weeks
LAUNCH YOUR CAREER
As an AST with KF Aerospace you can start a rewarding career with a team of people who are passionate about their craft. The position starts at $19.26/hour with bi-annual performance and wage reviews. An employee can increase their wage by roughly 10% each year over a 4.5-year period.
• You are eligible to receive a CCAA logbook after 12 months with a completed KF-supplied logbook.
• By completing your CCAA logbook you work towards your certification
• KF will pay for any fees directly associated with obtaining the certification
Once these requirements are met, you are eligible for a promotion which expands your job responsibilities and moves them to a higher wage bracket.
• Medical and Dental Coverage
• Health Spending Account
• Disability, Critical Illness, and Life Insurance
• Employee & Family Assistance Program
• Employee Pension
• Personal Time Off and much more
Please reference “mytrades.ca” when applying for this position.