Career Level Post Secondary Degree
Experience Previous Experience
Posting ID 4TH3R008425
No. of Openings 1
Department Operations & Production
Are you an experienced Power Engineer looking for an exciting career opportunity? Are you ready to take ownership and grow with a dynamic global business? Cariboo Pulp and Paper is currently looking for a motivated professional to fill the role of 4th or 3rd Class Power Engineer.
Our employees drive our success. We believe in providing opportunities for growth and advancement and are looking for someone who wants to build their career in our company. In addition to competitive salaries, Cariboo offers a generous pension plan, flexible benefits package, opportunities for training, development, and a stable, rewarding career.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Maintaining a safe work environment
- Ensuring consistent operations of the Steam Plant in a pulp mill
- Work towards achieving operating target goals
- Facilitating the reliable supply of services to the mill
- Operating in a shift crew
- Operating a wide variety of equipment including:
- Power/package boilers
- Chemical recovery boiler
- Re-caust & Lime Kiln
- Evaporators and concentrators
- Water treatment and Effluent treatment plants
- Hog conveyors and outside services etc.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Experience as a power engineer with increasing responsibility
- A 4th or 3rd class power engineering certificate
- Proven ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills
- Demonstrated problem solving, troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Desire to progress, learn, grow, and succeed
- Physical ability to work 12-hour shifts
Located in Quesnel BC, Cariboo Pulp and Paper is a forerunning producer of NBSK pulp as well as clean, green energy. Cariboo has been highly respected by the global market for providing top quality product for over 40 years. Forward thinking ownership, capital investment, and movement towards bio-product opportunities has contributed to Cariboo’s longevity and bright future.
Quesnel has a population of approximately 25,000 and features all major conveniences, including its own airport. Quesnel offers affordable housing, modern recreational and educational facilities, regular community events, as well as unlimited recreational activities for the outdoor enthusiast. It doesn’t take long to feel part of Quesnel’s welcoming community.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those short-listed will be contacted.
Please reference “mytrades.ca” when applying for this position.