Career Level Apprentice
Experience Previous Experience
Posting ID 1986
No. of Openings 1+
PTW is a leading industry solutions provider delivering construction, fabrication, and maintenance services. Our network extends across Canada and the United States. We have workforce of talented people proud of the safe and reliable work we perform for our customers every day. We create and deliver innovative industrial solutions to customers in the agricultural, mining, oil and gas, petrochemical, pulp and paper, nuclear and renewable energy industries..
PTW is looking for 1st – 4th Year Electrical Apprentices to join our team in Calgary, AB.
A DAY IN THE LIFE
- Tests electrical and electronic equipment and components for continuity, current, voltage and resistance.
- Installs, examines, replaces or repairs AC/DC Motors and Drives, PLC’s, 480V power, 120V control circuits, 4160-volt switchgear, transformers, motors, starters, relays and hydraulic and pneumatic electrical controls.
- Installs, examines, replaces or repairs electrical wiring, receptacles, switch boxes, conduits, feeders, fibre-optic and coaxial cable assemblies, lighting fixtures and other electrical components.
- Sizes and installs electrical circuits including panels, wire size and type, conduit, protective devices, switches, and related equipment needed to comply with the CEC and/or NEC.
- Quickly repairs electrical failures and replace parts where production time is frequently affected.
- Corrects wiring and connections on machinery controls where incorrect applications could cause damage and hazardous conditions.
- Must be a registered apprentice.
- Must be able to take initiative, work independently as well as in a team.
- Ability to read electrical schematics, diagrams, and blueprints.
- Possess high degree of initiative, creativity, communication skills, self-supervision, and respect for safety requirements.
- Must have a basic understanding of P&ID’s.
- H2S Alive, CSTS 09, WHMIS 2015, Standard First Aid
- Must be local to the area.
- AWP & Fall Arrest both considered an asset.
- Must have own transportation as most locations are not accessible with public transportation.
Competitive Wages and benefits plans | Apprenticeship Tuition Reimbursement program | RRSP program available | Quality work | Safety and quality are built into everything we do | Safety Training and PPE provided | Opportunity for advancement | Learning and development | Opportunities to travel, stay local or relocate | Team atmosphere | People-focused company
PTW is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to achieving greater accessibility by providing accommodation for people with disabilities during our hiring process. Accommodations are available on request for qualified candidates during each stage of the recruitment process.
OUR VALUES GROUND US: CARE | EXCELLENCE | PASSION