Posted Jobs 0
City of Vancouver
We have more than 3,000 employees engaged in operations and trades. Jobs range from heavy-duty mechanics and machinists to plumbers, carpenters, and electricians. The work includes a wide variety of areas from street signage, pipe laying, sanitation services, coin collection, and sheet-metal fabrication to animal control and supporting our community through housing and outreach services and front-desk support.
At the core of our municipality, operations and trades provide opportunities that are diverse and interesting.
We’re looking to attract, hire, and retain the best candidates to meet our organizational objectives while maintaining the high standards of service expected by our community.
We offer our employees:
- Competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits packages
- Opportunities for career development and professional advancement
- A safe, inclusive, and supportive workplace
- Meaningful and interesting jobs
To support this goal, our hiring philosophy is based on these three key principles:
- Our hiring process is transparent, open, and equitable for all candidates
- We value candidates who reflect the diversity of our community
- We support the integrity of our hiring process with policies related to the hiring of relatives, employment, and health and safety regulations